Sunday, March 24, 2013

Handy Man


Handy Man
Here I am again sitting on my coach thinking about what to blog about like every other Sunday. Somehow I have to come up with 394 more words in this last blog. What could I blog about? Soccer?  I did that twice I should probably get a new topic. Hmm.. what’s going on in life. March Madness? I don’t think I know enough about it to come up with 394 words. So no on March Madness. What else is happening in life? Oh I know, my dad has decided he is capable of remodeling our bathroom.
My dad has decided he is going to remodel the bathroom. Not redecorating, remodeling. I have woken up to drills and hammers almost every day this week from his ambitious project. We only had this one bathroom in this house so, its been a struggle for the whole family. The mirror is gone, the counters are gone, the toilet was out for a day, and there are no floors. Sounds pleasant doesn’t it?
Although it hasn’t been the most convenient my dad is doing a good job. Its taking a lot longer than expected but I think it will be worth it in the long run. We are getting new tiles placed, making the floor look sharp. We are getting a new vanity making the cupboards more modern. We are pretty much just replacing everything, adding a new fresh look for our house.
Because my dad has proven that he is capable of many tasks around the house. This is when my mom begins to make lists.
Now the list includes:
1.       Fixing wiring in the house for lights
2.       Building a deck
3.       Building a hot tub area
4.       Anything my mom can think of
My dad has a lot on his plate and he act like he doesn’t enjoy it, but to tell you the truth, I think he loves it. For example when he was making a patio in our back yard he would win about how much work it was, but then he would take pictures of his progress every day and show them off to his buddies how well he did.
We ask a lot of my dad and he seems to deliver pretty nicely. Although he may not like a the work, I feel like he is satisfied with his work after making a happy family. Moms happy it’s done and my dad’s happy with his work.
(410 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment