Sunday, March 31, 2013

Love or Hate?


Love or Hate?
As kids we could not stand each other we couldn’t even be in the same room for very long let alone live together without constant bickering. But as time has gone on my brother and I have become very close. While he was a senior and I was a sophomore was the year we really became close.
                In this year he would walk with me to classes, he would say hi to me in the halls, and sometimes allow me to eat lunch with him. Because we were always together there have been many awkward comments towards us. Many times I would be walking through the hall and have a girl come up to me and ask if I was the girl who was dating Ben (my brother.) At first I wanted to puke that anyone would be jealous that someone was dating Ben because ew that’s my brother. And then I gaged again to think EW THAT’S MY BROTHER I’m not dating my brother!? After this had gone on for a while we had kind of gotten used to the comments that we were close.
                Yes we are close but we still argue a lot, just not to the extent that we did years ago. This weekend when he came home for Easter we experienced both the love and the hate of our relationship. He surprised me by picking me up at my soccer practice so of course there is the love part when I run and jump on him with a big hug. But just hours later the hate came along, but its all out of fun. I know my brother doesn’t like to be bothered, so what do I do … Bother him. I’ll reach for his beard and pull on his little whiskers making him a little flustered. Enough to make him agitated to start to pick on me. We then begin to wrestle each other which always ends up with me sitting on top of him and him tickling me to get off.
                Although this is a fun type of hate, it also gets ugly. Like today we got in an argument about god knows what. We should not be allowed to argue with each other because we are both way to head strong to give up on our own opinions. We are both also very good arguers so we both bring to the table very interesting points that are pretty valid.
                 I love my brother to death, but boy, sometimes I can’t stand him. I believe our love hate relationship makes us closer creating a stronger bond between us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment