Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Man Behind the Sale


They Man Behind the Sale
As my wonderful prom date and I went on the adventure of finding a tux for this special occasion. On this wild adventure we met who may be the most persuasive inspiring person I have ever met in my life and I am depressed I did not get the opportunity to learn his name.
As we sit and look through the millions of books of tuxes this wonderful sales man, we will just call him Melvin because that is what I wish his name is. Melvin is a very feminine looking man who has a proud personality. He was not afraid to state his opinion which is good for the job he has currently. As we socialize with Melvin and talk to him about what we are thinking for prom for things such as color, you can tell his wheels are beginning to turn.
My date (Mo) and I were with another couple Hanna and David, so first Melvin helps them. Hanna has a beautiful golden dress. Although it’s beautiful, it’s a little difficult to match with. David isn’t one who is to do the original black tux either so Melvin had a challenge on his hands. He came up with this brilliant idea to put David into a dark chocolate brown tux with a gold vest, bow tie, and pocket square and boy does that look sharp.
Melvin had already impressed us with the chocolate tux so we could only imagine what he had up his sleeve for matching my bright orange dress. At first we were just thinking of a charcoal grey tux with orange accents with the tie and vest. But then, as we were flipping through the pages we came across an all-orange tux. I stop Melvin from flipping the pages and jokingly tell Mo that’s what he should wear! And to my surprise Melvin looks at us again with this wheels turning and says “that’s not a bad idea.” He began to carry on with persuading us, “I went to prom my junior year, and let me tell you I was pretty proud of the girl I got for my date, but I don’t have those pictures today.” I think what Melvin was trying to say to us was it doesn’t matter if you look a little goofy, it’s more of the memory that matters. So for what seemed like hours Mo highly considered the all-orange tux and finally called his Mother for confirmation. Although Mo’s parents vetoed this idea, Melvin still had a lasting impression on me.
As the conversation grew, even though we had made our decisions Melvin had impressed me even more. He had begun to talk about relationship, I can’t even tell you how we got on this topic but I’m sure glad we did. His very psychological thought about how relationships really work was just mind blowing to me. I could literally apply everything he said into my life. Things like “girls, they never know what they want. You could ask them if they like you and all the say is; I don’t know I have to get to know you first. But I don’t want to get to know you first, I want to get to know you while we are trying things out. It doesn’t always have to go in order.” This to me was total genius, and got me to really rethink my past relationships. Why do us girls have to “get to know” a guy before we let them take us out to dinner. Why can’t we get to know them while we are out for dinner?
Plain in simple, girls are difficult I am a girl and I don’t even get girls. I just gave you a little taste of Melvin, but if you ever need fashion advice or relationship advice…. Be sure to visit Melvin!
(646 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment