Thursday, April 18, 2013

Making the Best out of it


Making the Best out of it
1.       I really do not enjoy this assignment
2.       It is about to put me in confinement
3.       I’m getting worried I’ll run out of time
4.       But like a snap of a finger, I’m just fine
5.       My pencil paints on words with great ease
6.       Only with the hope Ms. A will be pleased
7.       The poor pencil slowly dies
8.       And with that, of course Annie Cries
9.       Because I still need three more rhetorical techniques
10.   From my mind my thoughts leak
11.   Why would Ms. A put me through so much misery
12.   It’s like she has so much control over us, wizardry!
13.   Although I have had many complaints
14.   I know I have Ms. A to thank




Line 2: is an example of diction, I used the word confinement to over exaggerate my feeling about this assignment.
Line 4: “like a snap of a finger” is a simile to show how quickly I could turn the assignment around despite my hatred for it.
Line 5: “My pencil paints” is imagery to show how smoothly the assignment went after I found something to write about.
Line 7: I used personification by saying “the pencil dies”
Line 7: using this personification is also symbolism for my struggle in the middle of my poem to finish
Line 12: “It’s like she has so much control over us, wizardry!” is use of inversion, to put wizardry last is a different order than we would normally speak.
Line 13-14: is irony because I thought this assignment was pointless, I wanted to hate on it in my poem, but in the end I still got something out of it like Ms. A wanted me to.




4 comments:

  1. I really like the way the poem ends and the rhyming through out made it flow very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent poem draft. I recommend reading it aloud line by line, starting with your rhyming pairs to see if you can more completely balance your sentences throughout. You seem to be going for a very controlled format and this excercise might help you refine it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure that line is really inversion, but I do like the word "wizardry"--both because of its rhyme scheme and because it reminds me of Professor McGonigle in Harry Potter. :)

    ReplyDelete