Sunday, September 23, 2012

Down and Dirty


Down and Dirty
Its finally homecoming week, personally my favorite time of the year. We all know why it’s my favorite, and if you haven’t guessed it already… POWDER-PUFF!
                Yes the themed days are great, and you have to love the homecoming assembly. But, nothing compares to powder-puff, not even the actual homecoming dance. There is just something about it; it’s a thrill to me. I don’t know if it’s the fact that we have an insane amount of talented female athletes at our school. Or just that I’m an extremely competitive person along with my fellow powder-puffers.
                For those of you who have no idea what I’m talking about, powder-puff according to urban dictionary it  “An annual event in which high school girls who don't mind getting down and dirty, separate each other by classes for a fierce game of football. The teams are coached by the guys who actually play football. What is supposed to be an innocent flag football game always ends up as rough tackle football.  Ankles will be sprained, wrists will be broken, hips will be dislocated and muscles will be pulled. There are penalties against unnecessary roughness, but do you think that will stop them? I don't think so either. The girls who usually participate in this event come from many social groups but they all have one thing in common... they're bad asses.” I couldn’t have said it better myself, it’s a serious sport so don’t take it lightly.
                As the definition says, it does get rough, so girls you better bring you’re A game. Even if you don’t think you are that good, it doesn’t matter it’s a blast. Hey, you get to hit the girls in other classes who you don’t like, what can get better than that, well besides considering yourself a “bad ass.”
Powder-puff is more than playing well, or hitting girls. It really does bring a class/school together. I’d like to someday make it a club at my school so we could play other schools and play more often. I have a hunch that it would be a good idea. I mean what else would you need, there is nothing more to life than football and girl fights?
(370 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment