Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Almost Empty Nesters


The Almost Empty Nesters
So far it’s been one month being an only child, and so far it’s not as bad as I thought. I thought I would have to do all the chores, entertain my parents, and worst of all be extremely bored. Turns out none of those things have happened.
About a month ago, both my brother and sister left for college. I thought it would be the end of me considering we are all very close. My sister is 7 hours away and my brother is about 2 so we haven’t had the opportunity to be reunited yet this school year. I imagined it would be awful at home without them, so I was very apprehensive about them leaving. For one I knew I was going to miss them. And second, I did not want to get suffocated by my parents.
This first month hasn’t been too bad, yes I have been spending more time with my parents than normal, but I’m not getting suffocated. Since both of my sibling are gone, we have had the opportunity to actually go out and see my sister which wasn’t possible the past years with both me and my brothers soccer schedules. So there are negatives to my siblings leaving but there are also many positives. It’s depressing I don’t get to see them on a daily bases, but on the plus side I’m getting closer with my parents and I do get to see my siblings every once and awhile.
Although I wish I still lived with my siblings, I think it was a good change for me. It has made me more responsible around the house, and it has made me realize how much I care about my brother and sister. There are perks to being an only child, but I wouldn’t change anything about my family.
(300 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment