Friday, November 2, 2012

Less than a home


Less than a home

“Why would I want to sleep outside in the freezing cold in a box, while I could be in my own comfy bed,” said everyone but 30 people at our school on homeless night.

                Homeless night is a night at our school where we can all go and experience what its like to be homeless. Yes I know it doesn’t seem like it would be that fun, but I have heard a lot of good things about it. For one you are raising money to help homeless people in your community, and two you could make some crazy box castles.

                I have not been able to do homeless night in years past, but both of my sibling have and they really enjoyed it. I really suggest people try it, I mean what’s there to lose. You could always just leave and sleep in your car or something.

                 These days I don’t think people realize that it is really simple to help out one and other. If you make the choice to go to Homeless night, you are doing much more than you think you are. By just paying 15$ you are giving someone else hope. Imagine if you were in real homeless person’s shoes, I’m pretty sure you would greatly appreciate a bunch of high school students getting together to raise money for you and people like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment