Sunday, January 27, 2013

All I Could Ever Ask For


All I Could Ever Ask For
Happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Annie, Happy birthday to you. In two days this song will be ringing through my house. And personally…. I CAN’T WAIT! To me my birthday is like another holiday, there have been so many great memories when it comes to my birthday.
Only two more days till I turn 17, but I can still remember my 4th birthday. It was probably the best thing a four year old could ask for. What made this birthday so great? Well the outfits of course. Every member of the party was dressed in a swimming suit top and a garbage bag duct taped to look like a tail.  As I look back on picture, maybe it wasn’t the most fashionable choice, but hey it was a fun twist.
At a birthday party, what more important than the cake? Obviously my mom didn’t get that memo. Love my mom to death but having blue Jello with Swedish fish inside, not the best choice on her part. But, I have to give her some credit. It was a pretty good idea for an “under the sea” themed party.
As I reminisce about this under the sea party, all my other birthday parties come to mind as well. I seriously had the coolest birthday parties back in the day. This really makes me appreciate my parents and the things they do for me. My parties ranged from bowling, 80’s, lady bug, angels, and many other themes. All of these themes were accompanied by a matching cake, homemade and decorated to a tee by my dad, and of course decked out party favors put together by my mom. They have both given me so much in the past 17 years.
All the things my parents have done for me is really coming into my view as I start to grow and mature. The past two weeks my parents have been asking and asking what I want for my birthday this year, and I honestly can’t tell them anything that I want. Yes, I would want a puppy or maybe some Beyonce tickets. But do I really need that? No. My parents, in my opinion have given me too much. I don’t think I need anything; they have already given me all I could ever ask for and more by being the most fantastic parents anyone could ask for. It’s important for people to understand there is more to life than the material things.
(425 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment