Thursday, January 10, 2013

Time


Time

It has gotten to the time of year when I just don’t care about my appearance anymore. I am just starting to become too busy to have the energy to dress nice more than 2 times a week. For this reason, I adore the maker of yoga pants. They are quick and easy, but you still look like you put in a little effort.

I give myself 15 minutes to get ready for school. Getting ready includes; rolling out of bed, getting dressed, tossing my hair in a ponytail, and brushing my teeth.   There is no time for makeup and no time for breakfast in my book. I do not understand the people who get up hours before school to actually do their hair and makeup. For me you get what you get.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when I do get the opportunity to wake up early and do something with my appearance is when people comment “Wow Annie you actually look like a girl.” I am pretty sure they knew I was a girl since the kindergarten but good to know they can actually tell now. I don’t think people understand that I don’t get home till at 8 on school nights, 7 on a good day and then I have piles of homework. I would much rather get an extra hour of sleep than put in the effort to look nice.

Personally I think teenage girls in generally care too much about what people think of them. It’s easy for me because I don’t have self-confidence issues, but how is it possible for you to think so poorly of yourself that you can’t even stand seeing your naked face in the mirror? It’s something I don’t understand and I wish I could so I could help those people.
(304 words)

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. You are definitely persuasive in some sort of way here. Maybe getting the audience to question themselves, "Is this me?" And if it is, you are persuading them to have more confidence and spend their time a little more wisely.
    I am totally like this! #sweatsfadayz

    ReplyDelete