Sunday, February 24, 2013

Silver Les Lincoln


Silver Les Lincoln
This weekend is the Oscars and I have gotten the opportunity to see some of the pictures that are up for best picture. I have seen Silver Linings Playbook, Les Mis, and Lincoln. All of these movies were so fantastic; I just don’t understand how people can choose which one was the best.
Although these movies were all very good, they were all completely different. In Silver Linings Playbook, after you watched it you felt emotionally drained. During the movie, I had gotten extremely to the characters and felt like I was in the movie alongside them dealing with their problems. Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper were able to portray characters with very intense mental problems, which to me I see as impossible.  Even though it was probably a challenge for them, you believed the performance and felt like you were watching a home video it felt so real.
Les Mis was completely different from Silver Linings Playbook, but still had the same affect by leaving me emotionally drained. I think because it was a musical there was so much going on, your eyes couldn’t leave the screen. In Les Mis Anne Hathaway had a fantastic performance, not only did she act wonderfully but she was able to sing decently as well. It was very impressive to see actors being able to sing without lip syncing. Overall, there were many overwhelming performances making it a breathtaking movie.
Again Lincoln was still very different from Silver Linings Playbook and Les Mis. Although it did not affect me as much as the other movies did, it was still a great movie with exciting performance. Daniel Day Lewis was able to portray President Lincoln with ease. While watching, you felt like you were actually watching Lincoln going through the struggles of his last couple months. I was intrigued by this movie, because Lincoln is an interesting topic for me. But, if you weren’t interested in Lincoln and didn’t know some of the history it probably wouldn’t have tripped your trigger.
Movies this year have been extremely impressive and I don’t know how people can choose which one wins best picture. If I had to choose I would have to pick Silver Linings Playbook out of the movies I got the opportunity to see. There are many things that put Silver Linings Playbook one step of the other movies I got to see. One reason is it’s so relatable, there are people who get divorced, there are people who lose their spouse, and there are people who have issues. This movie just shows that nobody is perfect, but we still cope with life. Even if your world is going wrong, you can still find a silver lining.
(500 Words)

No comments:

Post a Comment