Sunday, February 3, 2013

Why?


Why?
It is a question to me how why so many people watch the super bowl. Yes, I understand it is entertaining. But, on the other hand so many people say they are very committed to “their” NFL team why do they bother watching somebody else’s team.
There are only 2 teams who make it to the super bowl out of 32. Chances are it’s not your team. How can you say you are loyal to a certain team, while supporting a different team? How do you think your team feels when you say “well my team didn’t make it so might as well cheer for so in so.”
 Some say they watch because of the commercials, there are commercials on TV every day. I don’t understand why advertisers wait till the super bowl to pull out the good commercials. In all advertisers are probably helping the super bowl more than vice versa. In my opinion people pay more attention to the commercials than the game.
It may be because I am a girl, and football is not the most interesting to me. But, really is it that big of a deal? I have been watching the super bowl every sense I can remember, but I still don’t understand why. All the buildup probably just makes the players more nervous than they are naturally playing in a championship game. I know from experience any type of championship game is nerve racking but I cannot imagine the emotion happening in these players heads right now while warming up for a game that so many people are going to watch, it’s crazy. But, these are professional athletes, they have felt this kind of pressure before, that’s why they get paid the big bucks.
(300 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment