Sunday, December 16, 2012

Never Let Go of What You Love


Never Let Go of What You Love
My mom and I have a special relationship. At one moment we could be arguing to the point of tears and on another occasion we could be laughing to the point of tears. For the people close to us they wonder way our relationship can go from one extreme to another. My only explanation is that we are too much alike to not butt heads.
This mother daughter relationship is like non I have seen. We have the same exact personality it’s understandable we get in arguments. We are both full of energy, passionate, and neither of us is ever and I mean EVER wrong. All of these factors cause our disagreements to become more dangerous than needed. We tend to take things way farther then they need to go, saying things we don’t mean and ripping each other apart verbally. It gets pretty rough. As bad as this may sound it gets one hundred times better when we look to the positive side of things.
It can be all but five minutes after a fight and we will both apologize and end of doing something ridiculous. Whether it is standing up on our kitchen chairs dancing and singing to Beyonce, saying “lets giggle” in a British accent then laughing our heads off, or trying to sing a song alternating word by word who gets to sing; whatever we do it always ends up with tears of joy and laughter. The lady always knows how to make me smile.
Although there is a negative side to our relationship, it doesn’t overpower the amount of good times I have had with my mom. For this reason I have made a promise to myself to never let anyone I love leave the house with them being mad at me or me being mad at them. There have been too many accidents lately that have taken away some wonderful people. I would be ruined if I let my mom leave after a fight and we were still angry with each other and she just so happened to get in a car accident. I would feel like it was my fault. I think it’s important for everybody to hug the ones they love often, and never let them leave you unhappy. It’s a scary thought to know that something can happen that quickly but the people you love can be gone in a second.
My relationship with my mom has really taught me to appreciate what I love. If you truly love something there is no way you would let them go without telling them you love them. So for all of you reading this right now, go and hug your family. You never know when you might lose them so you have to embrace every breath, every tear, every smile, every sound of laughter you share with them.
(485 words)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds just like my mom and I's relationship! Love her to death, and it really sounds like you love yours too! This appeals to me emotionally! #inlove #goodone

    ReplyDelete
  2. dancing and singing on kitchen chairs is da best..also I love Julie.

    ReplyDelete