Sunday, May 12, 2013

An Ability to Refurbish


An Ability to Refurbish
As the Great Gatspy movie comes out, I have been interested in its sound track. The movie and book is set up in the roaring 20s, one of the most interesting time periods for me. While looking into the soundtrack that people like Jay z, Andree 3000, Beyoncé, and Florence are all contributing. This just shows the talent of some artist today to make their music fit into a movie set in the 1920s or maybe it shows how much music in the past has influenced music today.
                I have grown up in a home that greatly appreciates music, and for the longest time I believed that the music style today was a disgrace to the wonderful role models they had throughout the 1900s. But lately I have had hope, especially after listening to the Great Gatspy soundtrack. The artist on the soundtrack have been able to remake songs and make them like modern 20s songs but still have that old school feel.
                I have so much respect for artists who are able to remake songs to make them modern but then they are also putting a fresh feel to the old songs. I feel like they are more musically intelligent to understand what is needed to refurbish the music in order to introduce this fabulous old music to appeal to a new generation. I hope this tradition continues on in years to come. There is always something we can learn from the past and a lot of the past is based around music.
(260 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment