Sunday, May 12, 2013

No Regrets


No Regrets
As I sit in the audience my eye lids begin to lower like an elevator heading to the first floor from a 10 story building becoming heavier and heavier while passing each floor. In a matter of second I am completely asleep and resting my head on my dates shoulder, then slowly falling to the floor pasted out. I had become hypnotized.
Soon I become abruptly awaken which upsets me. As the hypnotist brings me to the stage I seem to be extremely upset, with my smile turned completely upside down to a full frown. To others this was hilarious but to me I didn’t understand why people were laughing or why I was doing what was told of me to do, making me become even more upset. Although I was upset, that frown had turned around again when I was told that I was on a beach. I begin to relax and “lay out in the sun” even though it was prevalent we were inside in Iowa. But I begin to become upset again when I become overheated. I begin to fan myself with my shirt flashing my stomach to the whole audience and crying because I am so frustrated people are laughing at me. I am just thinking in my head, “Annie you aren’t really on a beach why are you so hot right now?” but it was because the hypnotist told me and I would do what he told me to.
The next event was receiving our birds. We didn’t actually have a bird on our finger, but it felt like we did. He told us to kiss our birds and love our birds. So of course I begin to kiss my bird uncontrollably and pet my bird like none other. As he goes down the line of hypnotized students he asks them what kind of bird they have and what their birds name is. As soon as he got to me I didn’t even have to think about what to say, it just came out. “Young lady, what kind of bird do you have?” Said the hypnotist I replied quickly with a quick “It’s a diva bird!” and again people begin to laugh. The hypnotist talks back to me “A what?” and again become angry “A DIVA BIRD!” I yell back to him. “Alright what is your diva bird’s name?” he asks me and I reply with a sassy “BeyoncĂ©” and he laughs and continues down the line.
As the show goes on my memory of anything tends to deteriorate my friends had told me afterwards that at the end of the show all the hypnotized people were in an MTV dance contest and the winner got a cash prize. As soon as they told me I knew I would be embarrassed. I tend to get into my dancing, and to dance like that in front of an audience would be quiet embarrassing. I was told that I got “ghetto” with my dancing. I was apparently shaking my back side uncontrollably and doing a lot of BeyoncĂ© body rolls. I expected nothing less than what I did that night.
Being hypnotized is a crazy experience, but there is nothing I regret. It’s funny to hear all the stories and think, yes I remember doing that, but why did I do that? If you ever have the opportunity to get hypnotized, grab that bull by the horns and do it, it’s a wonderful experience!
(580 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment