Sunday, May 12, 2013

Bitter Sweet


Bitter Sweet
My best friend this year is a senior and I am a junior. She has just turned 18 this week and it has really kicked in that she won’t be by my side next year. I don’t know what I am going to do without the person who helps me with all my problems next year.
Mac and I have a very interesting relationship. We can get in the most ridiculous arguments and not want to talk to each other every again and say things we know we don’t mean. But honestly it doesn’t matter, because an hour later, we are best friends again. It’s like we are siblings. I practically live at her house, I take care of her little brother, and I treat her parents like my parents. I always tell her parents that I will still be at their house next year even though Mac won’t be there. It just wouldn’t be the same if I wasn’t over their at least once a week.
I have already promised Mac that I will take care of her little brother in high school when she’s gone and keep him out of trouble. I guess I just have to remember that she will be back for breaks and know she won’t be gone forever.
Although Mac and I act like kindergartners and argue about everything, she is still my best friend. I can still talk to her about anything no matter the situation. And she always has the best advice to help me through rough times of my life. I’m going to miss Mac to death, but I know there are a lot of more great memories to come with our friendship.  
(285 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment