Thursday, May 2, 2013

Would We be The Same?

Would We Be the Same?
Do you ever feel like you wouldn’t be the same person if something hadn’t happened to you? I feel like certain things happen for a reason, either to teach you a lesson or to help you mature. I feel like if I had grown up in a super wealthy home I wouldn’t be the same person I am today. Things like that really transform a person.
The other day I was discussing this topic with my best friend, and she completely agrees with me. After her family had a house fire about 6 years ago, she had to quickly morph into a responsible young adult. They had lost a lot, but no fire could destroy how close knit that family is. The fire had just brought them closer. That’s why I wonder if that fire happened for a reason. Maybe her family was meant to get closer or maybe she was supposed to mature quickly and early.
What if the house fire never happened? Would she be the same person? Would I still have become best friends with her? Or would we have lived completely different lives? This is why I think things happen for a reason. I can’t imagine what life would be like without her being who she is.
Although the things that happen to us may be devastating, I think it’s important to remember some positive is going to come out of it. By growing up in a home wear money is tight, I have become liable and more down to earth. By experiencing a house fire, my friend had matured into a grateful, responsible, young lady.
So weather it’s something little like a rainy day, or something traumatic like a death in the family it all happens for a reason. Like they say, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Life isn’t going to always be cotton candy and rainbows, so turn those tough times into positives and let them help you grow into the person you’re meant to be in life. It all happens for a reason, so let it happen.
(350 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment