Sunday, December 2, 2012

A New Journey


A New Journey
Starting Monday I am embarking myself in a new journey. I will be an intern at an elementary school in the autism classroom. I have chosen to pursue this internship because I think its really what I want to do as a profession. After gaining the experience of the classroom, I hope it just reassures my goals of becoming an autism teacher.
During the process of obtaining my internship, I have been asked the same question many times. “Why do you want to be an autism teacher,” and every time my answer is the same. There is just something about these kids, I feel like they know something that we don’t know. There are too many times where they are underrated due to their learning disabilities but how many kids do you know who can detect when you are upset and make you smile on a drop of a dime. Or what kid do you know who can drop a random fact that you would have never guessed was true. These kids have amazing abilities, they are just simply amazing. They are so interesting to me, and I can’t see myself doing anything else.
I have been blessed by this opportunity to get a more hands on view of being an autism teacher, and I hope it helps me make the final decision to be an autism teacher.


1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an amazing experience. Working with austism really does give you a different outlook on life. Props to you girl!

    ReplyDelete