Sunday, December 2, 2012

Who's Behind the Screen


Who’s behind the screen
No one can really be sure of a situation when it’s happening on the internet. Lately I have been watching this interesting show called Catfish. It shows people who have been starting relationships over the internet and now they are finally meeting the person behind the computer screen.
This show is very interesting to me because there are so many twists and turns. Sometimes they are really the person they say are, and other times they are psychos that have made up elaborate lies in order for self-entertainment.
  When the relationship is true with no lies, and the do finally meet each other most of the time its love at first sight. On the other hand, there are some big lies that happen. These people go to an extreme of making up sometimes over 10 fake Facebook people in order to keep their story going and realistic.
This show just shows how dangerous online relationships can be. You truly don’t know who is on the other end of the conversation. Although some of these relationships do work, I still don’t think it’s a very good idea to search for your soul mate online. But if that’s your thing, just be cautious. For me if im on Facebook and a random person chats me, I always keep in the back of my mind… “ This could be a 60 year old pedophile I’m talking to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment