Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Kitten Inside


The Kitten Inside
As I am sitting on my couch pondering on what I should blog about, something catches my eye. I see a wiggling in my Christmas tree across the room. What on earth could be happening? My mind tells me to go and explore, but I am apprehensive about it. What if it’s a bat, I mean there have been bats in our house before. I don’t think I would want to end up nose to nose with a bat.
I finally gain the courage to find out what is disrupting our beautiful Christmas tree. I inch my way across the room as quiet as a mouse to only find that it was my cat who had hopped into the tree. I am thrilled to come to the conclusion that there wasn’t a bat in the house but beyond angry with the cat. She knows she shouldn’t be messing with the tree, as she has gotten in trouble for it before but only when she was a kitten.
My dad, just today had said there isn’t much kitten left in her, as my brother was trying to get here to play with a string. But I beg to differ; this cat is just smart about when to be adult and when to be a kitten. Well most of the time. Lately she has been very cuddly like a kitten but other times she wants nothing to do with you. Sometimes we think she’s bipolar but you got to love her.
As the end of this December comes up, Ebony (my cat) will be turning 12 years old. 12 years old is pretty old for a cat if you ask me. I feel like she has been around forever! As the years have gone by she has been awesome for us. But lately she has had a couple health issues. One big problem was her tumor. We have now found out that is just a fatty tumor and it isn’t affecting her health, but it gave us all a fright. Although she can drive us all crazy, she’s a good cat and life would be completely different without her.
(360 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment