Sunday, October 14, 2012

How much is too much?


How much is too much?
As I talked about in one of my past blogs “Lack of Leadership,” it is very important to support your school. When I said it was important to be there and cheer, that does not involve coming to the game extremely drunk or high, that’s just plain stupid.
                When I turn around and see a little sophomore passed out, it just gives me the creeps. As I continue observing this child. He begins to puke on himself while he is unconscious. Every ounce in my body wanted to help him, but as his gum slowly creeped from his mouth I just couldn’t keep my stomach in order to help him. As I think back on it, I don’t know if I should have even thought about helping him. I mean, he did put himself in this awful situation, but it’s hard to see people so miserable like that.
If they aren’t passed out or puking, they are loud and obnoxious. Somehow I always get the job of talking to the borderline alcoholics telling them to calm down and go home. As they push against your back, and scream every word of their conversation with the person two feet away with them, that’s when I get called over. “Austin, you need to go to the bathroom and just calm down, nobody wants to deal with you right now,” then as they reply by repetitively announcing to the whole stadium that they are scared they will run into a cop. I can’t help but respond with “Austin, if you didn’t want to get in trouble with the police. Don’t come here drunk off your butt, if you aren’t looking for trouble. You know there are cops all over here, can you really be that stupid.”
Its kids like these that just drive me crazy. I know I’m not going to stop them from coming to the games under the influence, but maybe I can get through their head that they could lay off a little. I don’t think teens really understand how much is too much. Do they really think it is worth it getting a five day suspension and charged with public intoxication? I don’t think so.
(370 words)

1 comment:

  1. http://amybrowzee.blogspot.com/2012/10/wasted-at-half-time.html yup!

    ReplyDelete