Friday, October 12, 2012

natural reflex


Natural Reflex

As Halloween approaches, there gets to be a type of eeriness in the air. The naked trees surrounded by the black crows swooping overhead tend to make a person’s hair stand up on their neck. With all this mysterious scenery, there is no wonder haunted houses are so popular.

It is a strange sensation, to be frightened. Some people enjoy it and others don’t take it quite as well, personally it’s a thrill. It’s more like a love heat relationship for me. I love the fact that you don’t know what’s going to be coming around the corner, breathing down your neck scaring the living daylights out of you. But on the other hand, I hate when people touch me. I cannot stand people being in my bubble, especially when I don’t know them. What’s creepier than a total stranger in a Freddy mask coming at you with a chain saw?

Haunted houses can be a thrill, but it’s all fun in games till someone gets hurt. For me if one of the workers came up behind me and even as little as nudged me, my natural reflex is to swing. I think it’s natural for a person to protect themselves when put in danger. I think my brain is unable to understand that it isn’t real, I’m not going to get hurt. Although some people may think I over react, I think it’s amazing that I would be able to trust my body If I was, god forbid, put in a real situation like that.

(260 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment